Sunday, April 5, 2009


After removing the door from the barracks I moved the door on to a hill with a great view. Things were depressing in the barracks and life was tough down there. Sun was limited and there were reminders everywhere of the purpose of the barracks. They were for fighting. Above where I had placed the door there were cement craters that must have been for canons, and there where some great places to fire guns if the fort was ever attacked. Up on the hill life changed quickly for the door. Within minutes of being stood up, tourists were getting there pictures taken with him. He was now a bit of and in park celebrity, this immigrant from the high seas. I hope with this new celebrity status the door doesn't change, I like him just the way he is now, reserved and faithful.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder what his place of origin is. Either way, he's living it up right now. Still seems to be down to earth though.

    ReplyDelete