Monday, March 16, 2009


Today Baerbel and I went to the park for a picnic. It was cold, and people thought we were crazy, but that feeling when you get that first warm day after in the middle of February and Bingo, shorts and a picnic... and then freeze your ass off. The wind off the water was freezing, the potato salad cold and the chicken parmesan luke warm. After I got some food in my belly, I left the scene of the picnic and went looking on the beach for the door. It wasn't there. I looked around and saw that somebody had moved it about 20 feet. It was now next to a tree. I went over to the door, picked it up, put my head where the window pane had once been and began walking. I walked about 100 yards towards the center of the park on a path and then veered off into the rough area between the Sailors Memorial Way and Heather Road, just above the Sailors Memorial.

This picture allows you to see the unpainted side of the door which was not shown in the original picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment