Wednesday, March 11, 2009


Here is the first picture taken of the door.  This walk included our two good friends, who were visiting from Albania, Kevin and Bela.  It was was Kevin who took this picture.  I think this is the perfect place for the door blogumentary to start because this is where we found the door and this is the first placed it was "revived" even if that revival only was for an hour or two.  

On this particularly cold December day, the four of us ventured in to the park to see if the door was still there.  I was slightly worried about the tide having taken it away but when we approached, we could see the outline in the snow and we pulled it out.  We got the door standing and this shot has Halifax Harbor and McNabs Island in the background, and gives you your first visual contact with the White Door.  Chipped paint and rounded edges, missing door handle and empty glass pane, chipped and splintered wood throughout.   I wonder how long this door was in the water, I isn't waterlogged and I don't think it could have come from too far.   You can see how we stood the door up with the rocks at the bottom of the picture.

After the photo shoot we went and got some more pictures of a picnic table with rocks on the top and then discussed my future as a famous Canadian artist in Albania, I mean, how would they know the difference with work like this!

2 comments:

  1. Great picture, probably the best that door ever looked. I think it is a metaphor for life's obstacles, and our ability to put them into perspective..... think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gregory Mac, thanks for your thought. This door can lead anyone to believe anything. I think of the door more as a portal that might lead you some other place. That makes me smile thinking of that place that is created in my mind.

    ReplyDelete